Tempestuous

I finished this painting a few days ago now. Was very excited about working on this piece and am extremely happy with the outcome. Still need to spray the entire painting with a matt varnish which really completes the painting and makes the blacks lovely and even.

There is a lot of meaning behind this one for me. My initial influence was this very famous image of Marie Antoinette.


 This painting is my largest piece I have completed to date, 18 x 24 inches and I love the scale that it's allowed me to work at. I do love working on the small pieces as well, but this was great for a change and challenge!


I used actual tulle to use as a mask to get the effect I wanted on the fabric
Fabric details done, now onto the mask!

Working on tattoo details in graphite
Completed tattoo
The final piece, "Tempestuous".

It's part of my "Phases de la lune" series so there is a lot of emotion and symbolism involved. Water being the most obvious symbol for emotions. Even though she may appear to be calm, she is drowning under a stormy sea. The mask is something she is hiding behind in order not to show her true emotions. There's a lot more I could go into, but I prefer each person to interpret my paintings according to their own personal experiences.

Prints are now available on my Society6 shop.

As always, I can't wait to start the next piece!

Comments

Popular Posts