Wonder at the blue moon

Today, when I did finally get to business painting, I managed to complete a second large painting for my "Phases de la lune" series, called "Wonder".

This one features a little homage to Dali, with the ants that are featured on the hand. Dali often used ants in his paintings as a symbol for death. So it seems only fitting to incorporate them into a piece that symbolises our fragile emotion states and the cycle of life and death and the moon with it's eternal cycling of concealments and revealments through it's varying light and shadows.

Hydrangeas having a few symbolic meanings, and no-one can agree on just one, but I've chosen to use the heartfelt meaning in this painting.



Comments

  1. Thankyou Michael I really appreciate it. Glad that you like my blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts