The wheel of fortune keeps spinning

Well it's a bit belayed, but Happy New Year! It's been far too long since my last post, but I'll try and do an update on everything that's happened since.

I guess the main reason it's been a while is because of moving house towards the end of last year, and all the time it's taken to settle in. That has well and truely happened now, and I'm just loving the space, especially my studio! Feeling very lucky indeed.

So last time I mentioned that I'd been working on something for a while that I wasn't able to show, until now.

It's for an upcoming project that I'm so excited to be part of called "Tarot Under Oath". Below are work in progress shoots taken earlier in 2013. For me, the "Wheel of Fortune" was actually assigned to me as the card I was to creatively represent. Given that I did not choose, having been dealt this card made a greater impact on me, and I sort to seek truth and relevance in it's meaning. It certainly rang true for 2013. 










The exhibition opens next Saturday 25th January at Last Rites Gallery in New York, and was curated by Aunia Kahn. There is a book to be released as well soon with all the artists and pieces created from the major arcana. I'm thrilled to be part of this exhibition with so many other artists that are truly amazing and have been such an inspiration for me. To be part of this makes me very humble.

You can check out more and see the artists in the exhibition at tarotunderoath.com and if you are lucky enough to be in New York, do go and check out the exhibition at the newly located Late Rites Gallery.

Comments

Popular Posts